Monday, June 4, 2007

Its been ages...

Its been ages since I went to a theatre...I guess the last time I had this long a gap is when I was in +2. Guess it was around 8 months at that point...

Anyways I was able to catch up on a couple of movies via DVD. Saw City of God (CoG) and My Best Friends Wedding.

CoG is a brazilian film - guess Selvaraghavan got thoroughly inspired by this movie - lots of scenes from Pudupettai have striking resemblence to this movie. Its about kids getting into crime - with a taut screenplay. One of the best made movies on crime. If you hate seeing violence in movies - suggesst you keep away from this movie - for it has an attrocious number of gun shots!!!

My Best Friend Wedding is a romantic comedy - with Julia akka in the lead role. This movie is for the ardent fans of Julia Akka (and this includes yours truly). An out and out JR movie.

Oh yes, I attempted to see Cinema Paradisco - an Italian movie - but in vain. Honestly speaking, couldn't manage the first 10 mins of the movie - may be it had to do with my frame of mind when I started. Apparently this one is amongst the classics. Will try to catch up sometimes later and keep you posted.

Waiting for Sivaji - The BOSS. Pera Kettala chumma athiruthu ella!!!!


No comments: